Open positions are posted here as they become available. Montecito Sanitary District is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome qualified individuals to apply.
ENGINEERING MANAGER2021 MSD Engineering Manager Job Description
The Engineering Manager reports directly to the General Manager, and manages and performs engineering and technical work involving the investigation, planning, design, and construction of projects in the wastewater field including pipelines, lift stations, septic to sewer conversion, wastewater treatment plant processes, recycled water, and rehabilitation and improvement projects; and to review and prepare plans, specifications, and contracts. The Engineering Manager will also provide technical and operational advice to executive management (the General Manager, and the Governing Board of Directors).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Professional Engineering License (P.E. designation) by the California State Licensure Board
Valid Class C California driver's license and ability to maintain insurability per District’s Vehicle Insurance Policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in water, wastewater or civil engineering, preferably in or working with governmental agencies.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of civil and mechanical engineering.
- Principles and practices of project and construction management.
- Terminology, methods, practices, and techniques used in technical engineering report preparation.
- Materials, tools, and equipment used in engineering.
- Principles of mathematics as applied to engineering work.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Pertinent Federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Recent developments, current literature, and sources of information regarding wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal.
To apply, please complete the application below and submit it to our office using the form below.Employment Application